Thursday, February 21, 2008

Raggedy Musings

It is late. I just finished the last of the absolutlely necessary homework I had to do. Only two more days to go and I can spend the whole day Sunday (Thank heaven for 430 Mass on Saturday) curled up in bed with a cat, a cup of mocha, and a good book.

It has been a long and difficult week. There have been silver linings. No nightmares last night and no panic attacks today. I finally received the feedback I'd been waiting for from one of my professors. I attended a really fantastic training this weekend. I'm still writing. I've even started sketching out studies for the final art project that will be due in May. (Scary huh, a project where I'm not waiting until the last moment) And I've had a reminder of how many wonderful people I have in my life.

My friends have always been my support, my true family. I've been able to rely on that when I feel even MY Yankee stubbornness isn't going to get me through. For those of you with years of experience dealing with my stubborn-to-the-point -of -shear-stupidity tendencies (combine the Italian and Celt on my mother's side with my Dad's Yankee side, what else would anyone expect?), you know how bad it is for me to even admit that I can't will myself through something. Despite the nightmares of some of my worst fears that have plagued me this week, I'm not alone. I have people who watch my back, who remember to send simple gestures that brighten even the worst day, who will make sure I'm eating at least one healthy meal a day, etc.
And the circle of friends keeps growing. For all of this week, the good and even the not so good, I'm grateful.

No comments: