Monday, August 16, 2010

There's no escaping the duck mojo!

It was a fairly crazy day. Between jobs and counseling and other nonsensical stuff, I was beat. However, the Roomie wanted chicken pasta for dinner. Fairly easy to make, no biggie...except it meant stopping at the grocery store. *Sigh* But being the good roomie I am...despite being tortured by vampires and zombies...(ask Rowan, she can explain), I stopped at Hannafords for all the fixings.

A quick trip through the aisles and then off to the checkout. Piece of cake, right? And there it was, sitting literally at the end of the checkout lane (not in the basket of stuffies, oh no)....smiling at me....a stuffed, fuzzy duck! *Sigh* I thought about ignoring it...but considering I had posted on Facebook for people to send me ducks (photos...no actual water fowl please!), it just didn't seem like a good idea.

Needless to say, the ducky is now sitting on my painting easel, still smiling happily at me as I type away. *Sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not resist the power of the duck!

LFSAlden said...

Quack!