Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Follow the duck!

In case some of you didn't already know, I'm a big believer in signs. Not so much STOP signs....yes, 2 seconds does count as stopped in my world...but those little bits of grace we get to guide us along our way. I can't help it. I blame it on the combination of the Irish and the Italian bloodlines. The combination seems to have left me a bit touched. It is okay though. It helps me to know that there are forces looking out for me (even though I will complain about the Dads and their habit of knocking things down and changing my car radio stations). More importantly, I know I'm not crazy because it happens to other people I know as well.

During this last little down period, I've been asking for a sign about something. As is par for the course in my life, the signs went to a friend of mine. We like to share. The story is rather long, convoluted and still unraveling as I write. (And I'm pretty sure my Dads are in cahoots with Noreen's too on this one) Long story short...the message was to follow the signs, even when they aren't what you think they are. (Clear as mud isn't it?) The shorthand for this test of faith has evolved quickly into "Follow the duck!"

So for all my friends and loved ones out there, if you are having doubts about the path you're on, remember to follow the duck!