Thursday, March 6, 2008

Betwixt and Between

I hate this time of year. The ground is still covered with snow and ice. It's still cold enough to need a coat. Yet the sun is warmer and there are definite signs of spring. I guess I'm just impatient. I want winter to be over and spring to be here fully. I'm feeling impatient alot these days.

I'm trying to decide what to do about a practicum. Or where to do one. Do I stay close to home or go away for a couple of months? What do I do about work in the meantime. Do I stay where I'm needed or do I run screaming for the hills. I have elements in my life I love and enjoy and at the same time, it feels like nothing in my life quite fits. I don't know where to go from here. Like the seasons, I'm betwixt and between.

I have faith this is serving some kind of purpose, but it doesn't make it any easier here in the present moment. It would be nice to get a hint of what it is...sort of like seeing the first crocus peeping out of the snow letting you know your faith in spring has paid off.

Oh well, off to class.

2 comments:

LFSAlden said...

I vote that you run screaming for the hills. Know why? 'Cause you haven't given yourself that kind of break in just about forever - or at least since I've known you. Which is 15 years.

Star said...

Hard to do since I can't go ,more than 30 miles from Plainfield for more than a week. HMMM, maybe after Elise moves up here, I'll be able to tweak the boundary.