Friday, February 22, 2008

Greetings from the NET

It is a snowy day. My afternoon class was cancelled. I'm trying to feel bad about that, really. Okay, I can't even fake it. I'm actually happy to not have class. I was not looking forward to tromping through the woods with it snowing. Sad but true.

With the afternoon off, I went out to lunch with Darlene. I really wanted a bacon cheeseburger, but it's Friday. So no meat for me. Then I ran errands with Dar. We have a fund-raiser tonight for the Teen Center, so rather than drive home and have to drive back, I decided to hang out here at the NET and visit with my kids.

The kids are funny. They all had to say hi and give me hugs. Once they knew I would be here for the rest of the afternoon, they all disappeared to do their own thing. All is well as long as they know I'm around for the rest of the day. Newport school system is on vacation next week,so no work outside of teaching. I'm going swimming with the kids Monday. I'll spend the rest of the week catching up on homework.

Danny just came into the doorway to play catch, Mackenzie, my youngest goddaughter is trying to steal her mother's soda and help me with my blog. Jackie is getting some help on her homework for a college course, Jared and Lars are singing together in the background. Even if I have to schmooze with potential funders tonight, I'm with my kids. Life is good.

No comments: